Foxwalk Forest School
Location: In the Greenwood School woods, near Watt Pond RD and Greenwood LN, Putney
Ages: Youth ages 5-7. (Ages 4 and 8 considered on a case-by-case basis. Please contact us at email@example.com.)
Cost: Sliding Scale; (Spring pricing) $600 – $835 for 13 Sessions. Actual per-student cost is $690.
Foxwalk Forest School supports children ages 5-7 to explore the natural world together, learn ancient wilderness living skills, and build self-confidence, teamwork, and knowledge of self, nature, and community. Students are guided by longtime VWS lead instructor and program director Bob Etzweiler, with over 17 years of experience sharing the natural world with children and guiding groups in the outdoors, along with other experienced Vermont Wilderness School staff. We maintain a ratio of no more than 6 children to one instructor. Foxwalk was initiated by a group of parents seeking nature-based learning opportunities for their young children.
FoxWalk is a program about building and fostering relationships. It’s by creating connections to each other and the natural world that our curiosity is stirred and learning flows. Our days are filled with play, exploration, stories, wilderness skills and fun…lots of fun! We are guided by the combined passions of the children and staff, the seasons and weather, and the unique magic that each day has to offer.
Dates for the 2017-2018 Season:
- Sept 5
- Sept 12
- Sept 19
- Sept 26
- Oct 3
- Oct 10
- Oct 17
- Oct 24
- Oct 31
- Nov 7
- Nov 14
- (No Sessions on Nov 21 & Nov 28)
- Dec 5
- Dec 12
- Dec 19 (Snow Make Up Day)
- Feb 27
- Mar 6
- Mar 13
- Mar 20
- Mar 27
- Apr 3
- Apr 10
- (No Session on Apr 17)
- Apr 24
- May 1
- May 8
- May 15
- May 22
- May 29
- June 5 (Snow Make Up Day)
- Complete the registration form below.
- Pay in full, or pay just the $150 (per child) deposit.
- Make a secure online payment by credit card or via PayPal in the box at the right –>
- Send a check payable to “Vermont Wilderness School” to: VWS, PO Box 2585, Brattleboro, VT 05303.
- Click the tab at the bottom of this page: “Complete the VWS Medical Form.”
- Your spot is secure once we have received your registration and payment.
Looking for a scholarship? You can enter your scholarship request in the registration form below. Read our scholarship and cancellations policy page for more information.
Questions? Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 802-257-8570.