Location: Camp Arden Road,
Ages: Youth ages 8 15. (Ages under 8 and over 15 considered on a case-by-case basis.)
Dates: Saturdays, 9:30 am — 3:30 pm.
Monthly, September through May.
Cost: Sliding Scale: $625 – $850. Actual per-student cost is $750.
Wild Turkeys is a three-season nature connection program for adventurous kids with a passion for the arts of wilderness living. Our instructors have stories, skills, and songs to share, challenges for those who are ready, and games to keep the group alive and wild! We are guided by the combined passions of the youth and the instructors, the seasons and weather, and the unique magic that each day has to offer.
Join us, as we:
- Learn fire building, shelter construction, rope-making, navigation, and animal tracking
- Build our naturalist knowledge and hone our senses, intuition, and awareness skills
- Cook over the fire
- Play lots of games!
If you love other Vermont Wilderness School programs — like Otter Camp, Oyase, Full Moon Girls, Earthfriend Camp, Shambhala Camp, or Foxwalk— you’ll love Wild Turkeys! (And if you’ve never done one of our programs, Wild Turkeys is a great place to get started…)
Wild Turkeys is a creation of VWS’s very own “wild turkey afficionado,” Bob Etzweiler.
Joining Bob will be some other VWS instructors you’ve come to know and love from: Otter Day Camp, Oyase Community School, and Foxwalk.
Wild Turkeys meets the FIRST SATURDAY of the month, from 9:30 am – 3:30 pm.
Dates for the 2017-2018 Season:
- Oct 7
- Nov 4
- Dec 2
- Jan 6
- Feb 3
- Mar 3
- Apr 7
- May 5
- (May 19 – Snow makeup date)
- Jun 2
- Complete the registration form below.
- Pay in full, or pay just the $150 (per child) deposit.
- Make a secure online payment by credit card or via PayPal in the box at the right –>
- Send a check payable to “Vermont Wilderness School” to: VWS, PO Box 2585, Brattleboro, VT 05303.
- Click the tab at the bottom of this page: “Complete the VWS Medical Form.”
- Your spot is secure once we have received your registration and payment.
- Any remaining balance is due September 16 (3 weeks before the program begins).
Looking for a scholarship? You can enter your scholarship request in the registration form below. Read our scholarship and cancellations policy page for more information.
Questions about camp? Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 802-257-8570.