Two Sessions with Jon Young! July 24 & 25
Join us for a special opportunity to learn from Jon Young. Jon has spent his life connecting people deeply to nature. He has inspired many thousands of people as well as an international network of schools and programs teaching mentoring and deep nature connection. He is an expert storyteller, known for captivating audiences of all ages. Jon focuses on blending native mentoring techniques from around the world with the tools of modern field ecology. He lives in California and visits only rarely, so don’t miss this opportunity!
These events are a benefit for the Vermont Wilderness School (Brattleboro) and Wolftree Programs (Montague), which help youth and adults connect more deeply to nature, in Southern Vermont and Western Massachusetts. Event proceeds will be applied to offering scholarships to people who could not otherwise attend our programs.
- Deep Nature Connection – An Evening Talk with Jon Young
- Friday, July 24, 7:30 pm, Greenfield, MA
- $20 requested donation ($25 at the door); no one will be turned away for lack of funds.
- Free admission to event volunteers.
- Advance tickets available here.
- Learning the Language of the Birds - A Workshop with Jon Young and a team of instructors
- Saturday, July 25, 9am – 4pm, Montague, MA
- $50-100 requested donation; no one will be turned away for lack of funds.
- This workshop will fill up! Reserve your spot here.
- More information about the content of this workshop will be posted here soon.
Art of Mentoring 2015 – Registration is Open!
VWS’s 17th annual experiential training for ages 3 – 99. Art of Mentoring offers tools to deepen and enrich your relationships with yourself, nature, family, and community. Guided by a team of experienced facilitators from throughout the Northeast, participants come together to experience, learn from and co-create a joyful, engaged learning community. You will walk away with tools and embodied practices of regenerative community design, mentoring techniques, deep nature connection, and an amplified passion for learning. Learn more and register here.
VWS Summer Camps – a few slots remaining (in Week 3)
Otter Day Camp, VWS’s long-running nature camp for ages 7-12 at Fort Dummer State Park in Brattleboro, will be offered June 22-26, June 29-July 3, and July 6-10 in 2015. Learn more and register here.
Earthfriend Discovery Day Camp at the Manitou Project land in Williamsville, VT (20 minutes from Brattleboro downtown), will return this year August 3-7 and 10-14. For ages 7-12. Visit the Manitou Project to learn more and register.
Vermont Wilderness School builds long-term mentoring relationships rooted in community, nature connection, and earth living skills. We are a non-profit 501(c)3, based in Brattleboro, VT and founded in 2000. Explore our work and contact us to learn more.